Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hidden Safari

I was super excited for this project because I couldn't believe we could actually create something like this!  As easy as the project was, I was engaged the entire time.  We started out drawing a safari animal of our choice.  We used a cool color colored pencil to draw the animal.  We then added warm colors in different shapes all over the project.  We created the shapes in patters so everything was repeating.  This hid the animal.  Afterwards, we used our ruby red glasses that we created in class to see the animal.  I know students of all ages would enjoy projects like this, and I can not wait to be able to do this project as a teacher.
An extension activity I think that you could perform with this would be to research the animal the child wanted to use.  For instance, I did a zebra.  I would research about the zebra and give an individual presentation on this animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment