Friday, March 25, 2011

Texture Collage

We were introduced to the collage technique in art.  We watched an Eric Carle video in class on different techniques used to create different textures.  I thought this project looked really fun, and I was very excited to do this.  For the sand and leaves, i used a sponge and kind of  spotted the paper to create a darker look.  For the tree I painted and swirled the end of my paintbrush to create this look.  The flower I also used a sponge, but I rolled some beads across as well for a different texture.
An extension activity for this assignment could have the teacher first read the Eric Carle book.  They could relate to Science class because students might not understand why chameleons change colors.  We could work on this art project, then branch into science and discuss this creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment