Friday, February 4, 2011

Footprint

Lindsey's Footprint: This activity was very fun to create.  I enjoyed it because it was completely unique to each of us.  I was able to use several medias to express myself in this project.  I used construction paper, a napkin, gems, candy wrappers, string, paper bag, a picture, and a magazine.  The zebra napkin represents my crazy animal print fettish.  The gems describe my extremely girly side.  I cut out a shoe form a magazine because I love shoes.  My daughter, Avarie, is 1 and she is the highlight of my life.  Her picture was the center of my shoe and my world.  On the bottom I wrote "mom, daughter, sister, aunt" because I am all of these.  I love my family and I thought this was a unique way to represent that.  The coffee cup represents my coffee needs.  Faith is very important to me and is represented through the cross.  Like most girls, I love shopping, so I used a mini shopping bag to represent this.  'ABC' represents my soon to be career as a teacher.  Cry baby gumballs are one of my all time favorite candies, so I used a wrapper to show this.  This activity is very fun and easy to do.  I would explain to trace the foot or shoe of each child.  I would have them cut this out.  On a separte sheet of paper, I would have the students brainstorm things they want to represent them.  From this list, they can choose what they want to include and how they want to represent it.  For an extension activity, I would have the students write a paper on themselves.  The paper describes them and their interests, dislikes, family, friends, hobbies, etc.  This could fall under a Language Arts lesson as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment